September 18, 2020
This important video is from Superintendent Noreen Bush. Please take a few moments to absorb the important back-to-school message.
- And so, it begins . . . the 2020-21 school year
- “Hope Spot” is a sentiment that carries through to this unique school year
- Profile of a Graduate competencies needed now more than ever
- Pandemic, derecho and personal health - a challenging year brings opportunity to learn
- We are all here to support in multiple ways
Student and Parent Technology Resources
We’re all learning new things, right? Please reference our Technology Resources site to help with troubleshooting and greater technology understanding, whether a student is conducting in-person learning or fully online.
Student Hubs Available
Student hub locations are available with community partners for those who need internet service, assistance with school work, social emotional connections, or even human interactions and attend Jefferson, Kennedy, Washington, Franklin, McKinley or Taft:
- Internet hubs are open from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm beginning September 21st
- Each location will have staff available for supervision, support, and assistance with student work
- Breakfast and lunch will be served to CRCSD students who are in attendance at the hubs
- Students may use city bussing at no cost to get to and from hubs
- These are drop-in locations. Students will be allowed to come and go as needed and may stay for the duration of the school day.
943 14th Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Affordable Housing Network
Hawthorne Hills 2263 C Street SW
1924 D Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
2100 1st Avenue NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
First Lutheran Church
1000 3rd Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
Cedar Rapids Public Library
450 5th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids IA 52401
Salvation Army Community Center
1000 C Ave NW, Cedar Rapids IA 52405
Back-to-School in a Pandemic: Health and Safety Materials For Families to Review
Please spend some time on our CRCSD COVID-19 Health and Safety hub to learn the safety protocols that will be followed within the in-person learning environment. You can download checklists and reference materials that surround varied scenarios.
New Bus App: Be Watching for Your Link (It Expires!)
If your student is riding the bus to school, you’ll be receiving a link to download a new bus app. If you haven't already activated your app, you’ll want to click the link before it expires. Here is more information and also check out the CRCSD bus safety video.
Important: Please Update your Contact Information in CRCSD System
Annual Verification is still open and it helps in getting important communications to you! Completing annual verification allows you to update your contact information and provide us with any address changes. You will also complete annual release agreements, such as the 1:1 device agreement for middle and high schoolers! If you need your parent portal login information, contact your school and a staff member can set one up for you.
Preschool Opportunities - Begins September 28th
It's not too late to apply for preschool! Morning and afternoon sessions begin September 28th, and are available in-person and virtually. Learn more here.
USDA to Temporarily Provide Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Cedar Rapids Students
Cedar Rapids Community School District students 18 and under will be eligible for free breakfast and lunch under the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) through an extension approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The program will end on December 31, 2020, or when funding runs out, whichever is earlier. When the program ends, meals will be charged to student meal accounts according to their free, reduced, or full pay meal benefit. At that time, students who are enrolled in a community eligibility provision (CEP) school will continue to be provided meals at no charge.
- Cedar Rapids Community School District will be offering free breakfast and lunch to all children 18 and under
- In-person students will be served meals in their school
- Virtual students may pick up meals at a Grab n’ Go location
- Internet hub locations at community partner locations will be supplied meals
- The USDA highly encourages families to continue to fill out free and reduced applications
Grab n’ Go Locations for Online Learners
Online learning students are able to pick up Grab N’ Go meals (breakfast and lunch together) on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. No student IDs are necessary, and parents, guardians, and students may pick up the meals. Families may pick up meals for all of their virtual learning students at one meal service location.
Cedar River Academy at Taylor Elementary School
720 7th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Grant Wood Elementary School
645 26th St. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
Johnson STEAM Academy
355 18th St. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
Wright Elementary School
1524 Hollywood Blvd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Harding Middle School
4801 Golf St NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
Roosevelt Middle School
300 13th St. NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
Wilson Middle School
2301 J St SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Thanks for all you do, especially during this unprecedented year.