Coverage Continuation Under Federal Law-Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) Regulations
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) entitles you and your eligible dependents to a continuation of coverage if coverage is lost due to any of the following qualifying events:
- Death of the employee
- Termination of employment for reasons other than gross misconduct
- Divorce or legal separation.
- Dependent children are no longer considered dependent.
- The employer from whom the covered employee retired files bankruptcy under federal law.
- You or your eligible dependents are responsible for notifying your employer or group sponsor of a dissolution of marriage, legal separation, or a child losing dependent status within 60 days of the event to be eligible.
Depending on the qualifying event, you may continue your coverage for up to 18 or 36 months.
Please contact the Benefits Office through CRCSD e-mail to Benefits or by calling (319)558-2101.
Terry Langhurst, Benefits Specialist (Employees A-L)
Tracy Wellman, Benefits Specialist (Employees M-Z)