The Cedar Rapids School District provides a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for staff to access the district network through an Internet service provider. With the VPN, you are able to map to the same servers and access the same files you do at work, from a remote computer. This service is provided for users of Windows systems only. Macintosh computers are not compatible with this service.
Steps to sign up for VPN access:
- Call Tammy Pollock at 558-1256 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting VPN access
- Tammy will email you back a PowerPoint presentation and a VPN agreement
- You will need to watch the presentation and send the signed agreement back to Tammy at the ESC
- Tammy will contact the people in Technology who set up the needed permissions
- Tammy will email you the directions for your operating system