Students from the Iowa BIG program collaborated with the History Center to develop a virtual museum project called, "Linn There, Done That." The project takes the History Center's popular walking tours "virtual" by showcasing significant locations throughout Linn County using archived photos, student narrative, and recorded audio.
Time periods showcased include:
- 1870 - Early Development
- 1890 - Late Victorian / Early Progressive
- 1905 - Edwarian / WWI
- 1920 - Roaring '20s / Prohibition/Depression
- 1935 - Pre-War Boom / WWII / Postwar
- 1949 - Truman / Eisenhower / Cold War
- 1960 - Urban Renewal / Social Reforms
- 1973 - End of Downtown Retail / Electronics
- 1990 - '90s Boom / Redefining City's Center
- 2000 - Post 9-11 / Post 2008 Flood
Among the locations featured are the World Theatre, White Star Ale House, Theatre Cedar Rapids, US Cellular Center, the Higley Building, Popoli Ristorante, CSPS Legion Arts, NewBo City Market, Lion Bridge Brewing Company, and the Kosek Building.
Visit "Linn There Done That" here.