In order to address all of these critical issues and factors, we have formed a Master Facilities Committee, including parents, employees, business and industry leaders, and other community members, to engage in large group conversation, as well as sub-committee discussions around:
- Finance subcommittee members will engage in conversations around District finances including the use of the General Fund, Physical Plant & Equipment Levy Fund (PPEL) and Secure and Advance Vision for Education Fund (SAVE), for use in financing improvements to our existing schools and possible future schools.
- The District Program Offerings subcommittee will engage in conversations on such topics as innovative learning, 21st Century Learning, students with special needs, English language learners, and other program offerings that influence existing and future facilities design.
- Conversations of the Grade Configuration subcommittee will focus on how our student grade levels are configured and the alignment of District boundaries at the elementary, middle school and high school levels.
- The New Schools / School Renovations subcommittee will engage in discussions about what key elements or “triggers” should be considered when determining where to locate a new school or when and how to renovate an existing school.
- The focus of the Closing and Repurposing of Schools subcommittee will be on identifying the key elements or “triggers” that should be considered when determining whether to close or repurpose an existing school.
The Committee of 85 volunteers will meet approximately a dozen times over the next several months. Sub-committee work will be supported by subject matter experts within each topic area. There will also be opportunities during the process for other District stakeholders to provide additional feedback on the work. A Facilities Plan will be submitted to the Board of Education for consideration on September 25, 2017, with the consideration for final Board adoption planned for December 2017.
Lois Buntz *
Hector Cuebas *
Brian Galusha *
Jennifer Hemmingsen *
Michelle Huggins *
Jason Jaeger *
Larry Lee *
Mary Ellen Maske
Rochelle Naylor *
Patrick Parsley *
Jillian Ries *
Tina Rusbult *
Ryan Schlader *
Sean Ulmer *
Kathy Ulrich *
* - denotes withdrew from the committee