Executive Director of Business Services and Board Treasurer
What are the responsibilities of your office or department?
As the Executive Director of Business Services for the Cedar Rapids Community School District, I have the responsibility to oversee Business Services of our district. Business Services is comprised of eight departments: accounting, budgeting and finance, buildings and grounds, fiscal accountability, food and nutrition, purchasing and bid opportunities, purchasing department, and transportation. In addition to the eight departments, we oversee the community use of our school facilities.
- Chief Financial Officer / Treasurer- Central Rivers Area Education Agency (2013-2018)
- Business Manager/Treasurer- Linn-Mar Community School District (2003-2012)
- Director of Finance/Treasurer- Linn-Mar Community School District (1998-2003)
- Business Manager/Board Secretary- Chariton Community School District (1996-1998)
- Auditor- Hunt, Kain & Associates, P.C. (1995-1996)
Fun Facts about David:
I feel very fortunate to be in a position that oversees so many areas that have a positive impact in our students' lives: transporting our kids safely to and from school, providing our students with nutritious meals, and providing our kids with a safe and secure learning environment. This cannot be done without all the great support from the employees within the business services departments.
I love spending time with my friends and family and rooting for my Cyclones!
- return to Superintendent's Cabinet