School Improvement Advisory Committee
How it works and purpose:
Board Regulation 406.3 specifies that School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) shall be established to ensure community involvement in:
1. the determination of major educational needs;
2. the determination and prioritization of student learning goals;
3. the provision of long range goals that include, but are not limited to, the state indicators that address reading, mathematics and science achievement;
4. the harassment or bullying prevention goals, programs, training, and other initiatives.
At least annually, the School Improvement Advisory Committee shall make recommendations to the Board of Education with regard to:
1. progress achieved with the annual goals for the state indicators that address, reading, mathematics, and science;
2. progress achieved with locally determined core indicators, and
3. annual improvement goals for the state indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science achievement.
Committee membership shall include students, parents, teachers, administrators, and representatives from the local community. To the extent possible, committee membership has balanced representation of the following: race, gender, national origin, and disability. (Gender balance is defined as half male and half female for even-numbered committees or half plus one for odd-numbered committees.) The Superintendent/ designee shall serve as ex-officio Chair of the Committee.
At least annually, the SIAC shall make recommendations to the Board with regard to progress achieved with annual improvement goals for the State indicators that indicate reading, mathematics, and science, progress achieved with other locally determined indicators, and annual improvement goals for the State indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science.
Executive Director, Teaching & Learning
2019-2020 Meeting dates
Please contact Executive Director for Teaching & Learning Office to confirm meeting date/time @ 319/558-2414