We have good news to share about four of our six closed buildings becoming accessible in November. These include McKinley STEAM Academy, Franklin Middle School, Jefferson High School and Washington High School.
- Middle School students who choose in-person learning will return Monday, November 16th
- For McKinley STEAM Academy and Franklin Middle School, classes will be canceled on November 9th to provide staff time to set up their rooms and prepare for in-person instruction. This is applicable for students who have chosen in-person learning ONLY. Students who have chosen remote learning will have classes as normal.
- High School students will begin an in-person hybrid model on Monday, November 16th. More information will be provided in upcoming communications.
- For Jefferson and Washington High Schools, additional information regarding school transition plans will be shared in the near future by building principals.
The remaining two schools, Taft Middle School and Kennedy High School, will continue with online learning at this time. Buildings are projected to open by the following dates:
- Taft Middle School
- Students (who choose in-person learning): December 14, 2020
- Kennedy High School
- Students (in-person hybrid model): January 19, 2021
We are pleased to make this announcement as we diligently work to solidify all the details of the upcoming transition plans. In the coming week, Principals will be reaching out to communicate next steps.
All the best,