Who is Eligible?
The 2016-2017 Alternative Kindergarten program will be a full day program that gives a child the opportunity to grow another year before Kindergarten.
Children must be five by September 15th and a screener will be given to determine eligibility.
A year of AK is followed by a year of kindergarten. A student attending AK would be considered as being retained in Kindergarten.
- Does my child like to play with other children?
- Does my child initiate conversations with others?
- Is my child willing to share materials?
- Is my child afraid of new situations and environments?
- Can my child easily accept “no” for an answer?
- Can my child keep his or her hands to self?
- Does my child show an interest in learning letters and numbers?
- Can my child sit attentively when being read to?
- Does my child show good self control?
- Does my child have preschool experience?
If you answered “No” to some of the questions, you may want to to get information on Alternative Kindergarten.