Thank you to every student, staff member, and parent who participated in the recent Climate Study. We greatly value the input of all who chose to share their feedback on these important topics, including academic preparation, safety and behavior, and school and building leadership. These responses will help District and school administrators to evaluate and improve school-level programs and services and support continuous improvement efforts. High-level findings are listed below, and the full report can be accessed here.
- The majority of students (76%), parents (78%), certified staff (74%) and classified staff (77%) say the overall quality of their school is outstanding or good. This is a 7% increase for students compared to last year.
- 84% of students who took the survey agree or strongly agree they are challenged by their work at school.
- 96% of classified staff agree or strongly agree that they are satisfied with the work they do.
- 91% of parents agree or strongly agree that they feel welcome at their child’s school.
- 88% of parents agree that teachers are available to discuss their child’s learning needs.
- 84% of parents agree their child is safe at school.91% of certified staff who took the survey agree that they feel respected and supported by other teachers at their school.
- 78% of responding certified staff agree or strongly agree that parents support them in addressing behavior issues at school.
- 88% of classified staff who took the survey agree that they enjoy working with their supervisor.
- 94% of classified staff agree or strongly agree that they enjoy working at their school.
- 81% of parents who participated in the survey say the availability of technology in the classroom is excellent or good. This is an 8% increase for parents compared to last year.