Cedar Rapids Community School District students 18 and under will be eligible for free breakfast and lunch under the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) through an extension approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The program will end on December 31, 2020, or when funding runs out, whichever is earlier. When the program ends, meals will be charged to student meal accounts according to their free, reduced, or full pay meal benefit. At that time, students who are enrolled in a community eligibility provision (CEP) school will continue to be provided meals at no charge.
- Cedar Rapids Community School District will be offering free breakfast and lunch to all children 18 and under
- In-person students will be served meals in their school
- Virtual students may pick up meals at a Grab n’ Go location
- The USDA highly encourages families to continue to fill out free and reduced applications
Grab n’ Go Locations
Virtual learning students are able to pick up Grab N’ Go meals on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. No student IDs are necessary, and parents, guardians, and students may pick up the meals. Families may pick up meals for all of their virtual learning students at one meal service location.
- Cedar River Academy at Taylor Elementary School
720 7th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
- Grant Wood Elementary School
645 26th St. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
- Johnson STEAM Academy
355 18th St. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
- Wright Elementary School
1524 Hollywood Blvd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Harding Middle School
4801 Golf St NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
- Roosevelt Middle School
300 13th St. NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
- Wilson Middle School
2301 J St SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404