Congratulations to Karla Hogan, District Payroll and Benefits Manager, for being given the Iowa Association of School Business Officials' prestigious Iowa Professional Leadership Award.
From the Iowa Association of School Business Officials-
"The Professional Leadership Award is one of the highest honors that Iowa ASBO bestows upon its members. The awards are not just a measure of extraordinary deeds or a lengthy career – they are a recognition of those school business officials who, throughout their career and lifetime, have demonstrated excellence in service to their school district, communities and their profession.
Two awards are presented each year with award recipients receiving:
- A Scholarship to present to a graduating high school senior from the recipient's school district - It is suggested that preference may be given to students entering an education or business course of study.
- A plaque for the recipient's office
- Invitation to next Iowa ASBO Leadership Conference
- Reimbursement for registration/airfare/lodging up to a fixed amount to attend the next ASBO International Conference
Criteria considered in the selection process include:
- Leadership in the Schools – The candidate has gone above and beyond the call of duty to improve the learning conditions for students in their school system.
- Leadership in the Profession – The candidate has demonstrated commitment to improving the level of professionalism among school business officials through active participation in the Association and specifically as volunteer coordinator of the IASBO mentor program.
- Professional Development – The candidate has demonstrated a continuous interest in learning and in staying abreast of developments in the field of school business management.
- Leadership in the Community - The candidate has demonstrated an active interest in improving their community through participation in local events and serving as a positive role mode representing the school district."