Teacher Quality Committee
How it works and purpose:
State law (SF 277) requires that districts create a teacher quality committee. The committee shall have equal representation of administrators and teachers. The teacher members shall be appointed by the certified employee organization if one exists, and if not, by the school district's or agency's administration. The administrator members shall be appointed by the school board.
Per the law, the committee shall do the following:
(1) Monitor the implementation of the requirements of statutes and administrative code provisions relating to Chapter 284, including requirements that affect any agreement negotiated pursuant to chapter 20.
(2) Monitor the evaluation requirements of Chapter 284 to ensure evaluations are conducted in a fair and consistent manner throughout the school district.
(3) Determine the use and distribution of the professional development funds distributed to the school district or agency as provided in section 257.9, subsection 10, or section 257.10, subsection 10, based upon school district or agency, attendance center, and individual teacher and professional development plans.
(4) Monitor the professional development in each attendance center to ensure that the professional development meets school district or agency, attendance center, and individual professional development plans.
(5) Ensure the agreement negotiated pursuant to Chapter 20 determines the compensation for teachers on the committee for work responsibilities required beyond the normal work day.
Committee Chairperson: Nicole Kooiker
Teacher Quality Liaison: Tania Johnson
Pat Carlin (Teacher - ES)
Cindy Hutcheson (Teacher - MS),
Ashley Weaver (Teacher - HS),
Carla Riley (Teacher - ELSC),
Ryan Rydstrom (Associate Director, Access & Instructional Design)
Nick Duffy (Principal - ES),
Kent Ryan (Director, Culture & Climate Transformation),
Linda Reysack (Principal - MS)
Secretary: Laura Eveland
Monday, March 22, 2021
Teacher Quality Committee Meeting - Monday, March 22, 2021 @ 4:15 PM https://www.youtube.com/EngageCRschools/
Monday, January 25, 2021
Teacher Quality Committee Meeting - Monday, January 25, 2021 @ 4:00 PM https://www.youtube.com/EngageCRschools/
Monday, December 21, 2020
Teacher Quality Committee Meeting - Monday, December 21, 2020 @ 4:00 PM https://www.youtube.com/EngageCRschools/