Registration for preschool and kindergarten at Cedar Rapids Community School District begins on January 1, 2021, for the 2021-22 school year.
If you already have a student in the district, you can enroll your new student through your Infinite Campus parent portal. Is this your first student with the district? Learn more about the process and register online.
Your student is eligible to apply for preschool if they are turning 3 and/or 4 years old on or before September 15, 2021. The deadline for the 2021-22 preschool lottery is February 15, 2021.
Three-year old preschool is a tuition-paid program of $300 per month. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify based on income at select buildings. There is no fee for 4-year old preschool. Families are responsible for transportation.
To view preschool locations, please visit here.
Required documents for preschool registration
To register, please upload the following documents through the online registration process, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child’s birth certificate
- Household financial documentation (for financial assistance consideration)
- To be considered for financial assistance opportunities, please provide your two most current pay stubs per working parent in the household, and/or a Letter of Notice from Iowa DHS stating active eligibility for Medicaid health insurance or food assistance/SNAP benefits. Your household income cannot be verified with an Iowa DHS medical and/or food assistance card.
Once you complete the Cedar Rapids Community School District registration process, you will receive an email with more information on how to complete your preschool school choice selections.
For more information about preschool, call 319-558-2549 or email email@example.com.
Your student is eligible to enroll in kindergarten if they are turning 5 years old on or before September 15, 2021.
Required documents for kindergarten registration
Please upload the following documents through the online registration process, or give to your student’s school before the first day of class.
- Proof of residence
- Please provide one of the following: a current utility bill (such as gas or electric), a current lease agreement, or mortgage statement.
- Child’s birth certificate
- Certificate of immunization
- State law requires evidence of up-to-date immunizations (or state-authorized exemption) to attend school.
Alternative Kindergarten Registration
Alternative kindergarten is a full-day program which follows the same district calendar for grades K-12. This program gives your student the opportunity to grow another year before entering kindergarten. As with kindergarten registration, your student must be 5 years old on or before September 15, 2021, to be eligible for alternative kindergarten.
If you indicate your interest for alternative kindergarten in the kindergarten registration form, you will receive an email with more information on how to apply. Interested students will be screened in Spring 2021 to determine eligibility.
For more information on alternative kindergarten, please call 319-558-2247 or visit here to learn more.